Spring has sprung!
For the Easter weekend we would love you to join us in celebrating Spring and New Beginnings by taking part in our spring bingo game. The idea is that, with your little ones, you use your garden and local area to search out all the items on the bingo board and cross them off as you go. Can you find them all?
Spring is our favourite time of year. It provides so many rich and varied learning opportunities for our children to explore new beginnings. Bulbs have grown into daffodils and tulips; buds that have turned to beautiful blossom on the trees; and crops and vegetables growing, bringing colour and beautiful fresh food to our tables. We have created a Spring Bingo - a wonderful activity to help your family explore the world around us. Maybe take it on a walk or in the garden. See how many things you can spot!
Use the images and words as a learning opportunity, you could:
- link the word to the picture
- sound out the words
- talk about the picture
- use the picture to recall events that have happened to you
- find ‘real’ objects around the garden that represent that picture and collect them up
- make a still drawing or painting using the items you have found
- print off two versions, cut out the images and use as a memory game, for sequencing, matching, and ordering
- play I spy using the pictures
- take inspiration from the pictures, for example plant something in the garden
- search for rainbows in puddles you find
- talk about the different seasons
* Click on the download button and select 'Save to Files' on your smartphone. Open the document from your Files app to use the electronic Spring Bingo game.
Have fun and please share any pictures of you finding the spring items on our Facebook page @inspiringkindrednurseries